FIKE 2016 - 14th International Short Film Festival will take place from October 25th to 29rd, 2016.
Please pay attention to Festival Regulation.
The registration for the pre-selection implies the acceptance of this Regulation
1. Pre-selection conditions
- Short films under the following categories are eligible: Animation, Documentary and Fiction, with total running time up to 40 minutes (including credits), produced after January 1st, 2014. The films submitted for the competition cannot be available on the Web, and preferably unreleased in Portugal.
- All works must be subtitled in English.
- There is no limit to the number of works that each director/producer can send to the Festival, and the participation is free.
- One online registration form has to be completed for each film presented to Festival.
- After submitting the registration, the system will ask you to print the registration, to be signed and sent to the Festival Organization along with:
- Film technical data
- Two stills (high definition pictures in a CD, properly identified)
- Brief Director's bio-filmography, including contacts and birth date
- List of Festivals in which the film participated
- Dialogues list in the original language and in English. (simple text file, .txt)
- DVD with subtitles in English
- Declaration from the rights owner (producer or director) authorizing the use of the film in the Festival activities
- Press Kit
- All materials sent for pre-selection in a physical media (e.g. dvd, bluray, memry stick) are to be sent free of any charge to the Festival (mail and customs) and sent According to these regulations. All materials sent with charges to the Festival will be rejected.
- The required materials may aso be sent via web with a link to submission download.
- Any comunications shall be submitted to the email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Participation Conditions
- The films in competition will be presented in the Festival Competition, and on the festival extensions, that are considered allowed unless contrary declaration on submission.
- The Festival will provide special conditions to a film representative.
- Participation in the Festival Workshops, paid or free, is dependent upon approval by the Festival, all works produced in the Workshop are property of both the Festival and their authors. The use of these productions must be authorized by the Festival.
- Registration limit: June 15th, 2016
- Notification of selection decision: September 30th, 2016
4. Jury and Awards
- The Festival Jury will be selected among Film Professionals and Specialists that will award the films in the different categories. The members of the Jury will be announced in the Festival Website in due time. It is reserved to the Festival Jury, the right not to award on any competition, as well as decide on delivering Special Mentions. Special Mentions' decisions must be unanimous.
Trophy and Diploma:
- Best Fiction
- Best Documentary - FIKE/ESTAÇÃO IMAGEM AWARD
- Best Animation
- Best Screenplay
- Best Cinematography
- Best Acting
- Best European Short Film
- Audience Award
- Best Portuguese Short Film - Commander Rui Nabeiro Award
Don Quijote Award
- The Jury from the I.F.S.S. - International Federation of Film Societies will choose the Best Short-Film, to be awarded with the Don Quijote Award and promoted among Film Societies in the world.
5. Important Arrangements
- All materials sent to the pre-selection will integrate the FIKE archives, being its promoters authorized to its use for cultural or educative purposes. They will only be returned to the sender if clearly requested, by written statement upon registration, being all return costs on addressee's account, which must supply packaging and mailing stamps for devolution.
- The rights owner authorizes the Festival organization to use the film in their activities.
- Film excerpts may be used for Festival promotional purposes as well as its use on the Internet, publicity or other media.
6. Special Situations
The Festival Organization reserves the right to decide on any unforeseen cases as well as to decide, in exceptional circumstances, to select any film which does not fully comply with the present Regulations.
October 25th to 29rd, 2016
FIKE 2016 - 14th International Short Film Festival
Páteo do Salema, n.º 7 - A
7000 - 818 Évora
Tel./Fax: +351 266 703 137